Friday, September 14, 2012

Tomorrow, September 15, 2012, I'll be at the Union City Arts & Crafts Festival at Ellsworth Park on New York Avenue at 23rd Street. The Festival is from 10 to 6, admission is free, and there will be food and drink, and live music & dance performances.

I'll have a table set up to do portraits, caricatures, comic book or cartoon characters, or whatever my customers want me to draw. I'll also have a couple of easels set up this year to display some of my artwork more visibly to passersby. 

I can do a portrait or caricature of you live, which can take 30 minutes to an hour, or if you prefer, you can contact me at a later date, and I can work from photo reference, which may be a bit more expensive, but gives me more time to work on your piece with greater care, giving it a more detailed and less "sketchy" look.

To give you an idea of what I'm capable of, here are some samples of my work:

Here is a portrait, done live: 

Here is a caricature, done live, for someone who asked that his head be drawn on a giraffe:

Here is a portrait done at home from a photograph. Note that it has a more delicate, controlled, less "sketchy" look to it:

This is an ink caricature done on commission for a customer who wanted to be drawn in his Captain Kirk uniform, posed with Star Trek actress Marina Sirtis on bridge of the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Next Generation:
   
This is a pencil sketch of an eight-and-a-half-year-old NJ Devils fan:


 This an 18th birthday card for another New Jersey Devils fan:

This is a 10th birthday card for a boy that was intended tie in thematically with his birthday gift. The gift was an hourglass with green sand (hence the green rocks draw into the black hole), and a pair of books on cars, one of which bears a cover depicting a car resembling the spaceship he's riding in the illustration:

And for comics art lovers, here is the Hulk doing his thing:


These and other artwork is available on my Facebook page in the following albums:


Portraits & Caricatures
Live Figure Drawing
Miscellaneous Artwork

See you at the Festival!

Luigi

No comments:

Post a Comment